Daddy Yankee, who is considered the most influential reggaeton artist in the world, is slaying the music charts around the world with his addictive tune "Shaky Shaky."
The song, which dropped April on all digital platforms, has become a viral sensation around the globe, including the United States, Mexico, Philippines, Argentina, France, and Italy, among other countries.
"Shaky Shaky" is catchy, it's fun and it's all the rage. Here are all the reasons why!
1) DY the Hitmaker: What began as an improve session in his studio in Puerto Rico became an instant success once Daddy Yankee and his producer teased fans with a preview on Facebook Live.
2) #1 in Billboard:Since its premiere in Spring 2016, "Shaky Shaky" has dominated music charts around the world. Currently, it holds the #1 spot on Billboard Hot Latin Songs in the U.S.
3) Digital Madness: "Shaky Shaky" also nabbed a spot on Spotify's Global 100 list.
4) Successful Video: With over 350 million views, the official music video for "Shaky Shaky" is the second most-viewed video on YouTube globally, following Chainsmokers. El Cangri is at #2 before artists such as Ariana Grande and Rihanna.
5) Viral Sensation: Following its release, "Shaky Shaky" was a trending topic on all social media platforms, including Musical.ly, where in less than 48 hours over 200K videos were created by kids.
6) Independent Label: "Shaky Shaky" was released under Daddy Yankee's independent label El Cartel Records. No budget has been allocated.
7) Sold-Out Shows: The Kingdom Tour, where he battled Don Omar on stage, was sold-out in every city. His two upcoming concerts with Nicky Jam in Puerto Rico sold out in less than 12 hours.